Acorn Health Club
From Acorn House Veterinary Hospital
Save money and pay monthly for your pet's essential preventive care with our Acorn Health Club.
Acorn House Veterinary Hospital Health Club provides you with a simple money-saving way to give your cat, dog or rabbit the regular preventive treatments he or she needs, all for a monthly Direct Debit payment
Acorn Health Club includes:
- Annual booster vaccinations are completely included in the health club once the pets have been part of the plan for 12 months. During the initial 12 months a 20% discount will be given on the vaccinations
- Cats: Flu, Enteritis, Leukaemia
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Leptospirosis. (4 strains), Kennel Cough
- Rabbits: VHD 1, VHD 2, Myxomatosis
- Rabbits: Blowfly prevention (flystrike) includes 2 treatments a year
- Dogs - year-round flea, tick, roundworm, lungworm, tapeworm control tailored to your pet's lifestyle
- Cats Flea control - year-round flea, tick, roundworm, lungworm, tapeworm control tailored to your pet's lifestyle
- 6 monthly 10 Point Health Checks including a nail clip, weight check, dental check and review of parasite control with the nurse
- £25 off out of hours consultation fee. (unlimited consultations)
- 20% discount for first vaccine within the initial 12 months of joining
- 10% discount off dental procedures
- 10% discount off neutering (this does not include elective keyhole spays)
- 10% discount of all pet accessories bought at the practice
- 5% discount of pet food bought in practice
Acorn Health Club Monthly Payments
* Cats £15.99 per month
* Rabbits £11.99 per month
* Dogs (see below)
|- Toy (2kg - 4.5kg)||£14.99 per month|
|- Small (4.6kg - 10kg)||£15.99 per month|
|- Medium (10.1kg - 20kg)||£17.99 per month|
|- Large (20.1kg - 40kg)||£21.99 per month|
|- Extra Large (40.1kg - 56kg)||£27.99 per month|
Home delivery of parasite products (every 3 months) will be available at an additional cost of £2 per month if desired.
Please note Acorn Health Club is not pet insurance.
Terms and Conditions of the Acorn Health Club Membership
We don’t like long boring legal stuff, but when joining the Acorn Health Club you are accepting these terms and conditions. It is important to read them carefully, and please ask a member of staff if you have any queries.
- The Acorn Health Club is a rolling annual preventative healthcare programme. The Health Plan is not an insurance policy.
- Membership of the agreement constitutes an agreement between you and Acorn House Veterinary Hospital. Membership and benefits are not transferable to another practice.
- You will receive discounted products and services during the course of your membership including, but not limited to, vaccines and flea / worming / tick treatments and a full health check with one of our nurses. Full details of what is included are available from the practice.
- The fee for your pet will be determined by its species, age and weight.
- Of course, your pet can still receive treatment outside the scope of the Acorn House Club and this will be charged in accordance with the practice’s normal fees, terms and conditions.
- These Health Club terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any additional information including, but not limited to, literature provided by the practice detailing what is included in the Acorn Health Club. That literature forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Your responsibilities – you are responsible for following our vets’ and nurse’ guidance, and for ensuring your pet attends the practice regularly for the preventative healthcare checks which are included as part of your membership of the Acorn Health Club. If we are unable to maintain your pets health because you haven’t followed guidance or attended the practice we may need to terminate your membership. Termination would be in writing as outlined below, and with immediate effect.
- Your membership fees will be collected by Direct Debit on a monthly basis.
- We use Easy Direct Debits Limited to collect Direct Debits on our behalf, and your bank statement will show a payment to Easy Direct Debits on behalf of Acorn Health Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, your agreement is with Acorn Health Plan, Easy Direct Debits Limited merely provide support to the practice, which includes transferring your payments.
- Membership for each pet will renew automatically on the anniversary of the date that your pet joined the Acorn Health Plan.
- We will tell you in advance, in writing, if there is to be a change in membership fees on your renewal date. We will always give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in fees as a result of your annual review.
- In between our annual fees review, your pet’s monthly fees may also change as your pets age / weight change. A change in fees due to a change in weight / age will take effect as soon as is reasonably practical. This applies to both increases and decreases in weight.
- Failed Direct Debit payments, eg because of a lack of available funds, cause a significant increase in administration costs for the practice. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £5 for each failed payment. This administration charge will be added to your account.
- After a failed Direct Debit payment, we will re-present our payment request to your bank after 3-5 working days.
- If the second payment request also fails, a second administration charge will be added to your account. We will make a third and final payment request to your bank after a further 3-5 working days. If this payment request is unsuccessful your Acorn Health Club membership will be cancelled automatically and your pet will no longer receive the associated benefits and discounts.
- If your Acorn Health Club membership is cancelled automatically because of failed direct debits, your account will be reviewed and you will be charged the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- Ending our agreement / cancelling your membership:
- You may cancel your membership on your anniversary date (which is the anniversary of the date you joined) by giving us not less than two weeks’ notice.
- If you cancel your membership before your anniversary date, we will review your account and, where applicable, charge you retrospectively the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- We may end our agreement by giving you written notice as outlined below.
18. Unpaid bills relating to your membership fees, treatment received or medicines dispensed will be handled in accordance with our standard terms and conditions (available on request) and may be referred to a third party debt collecting agency.
- •With regard to this agreement, either party wishing to give notice to the other should do so in writing.
- ‘In writing’ includes emails, letters sent by post, or delivered by hand.
- When we write to you by post, we will use the address most recently provided.
- If you wish to write to us, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Acorn Health Club Administration, Acorn House Veterinary Hospital, Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK41 7HN.
- Should you ever have cause to complain about the service you receive, please follow the practice’s normal complaints procedure (available on request).
How we use your information
- Easy Direct Debits Limited and corn House Veterinary Hospital will hold and use your personal data (as defined by UK data protection laws) for the purpose of administering your preventative healthcare plan.
- Both Acorn House Veterinary Hospital and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
- We will take all responsible precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
- You have the right to see your personal data. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either Acorn House Veterinary Hospital, Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK41 7HN or Easy Direct Debits Limited, 99 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BJ8 8DY.
Easy Direct Debits Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09633942 whose registered office is at Ebenezer House, 5a Poole Road, Bournemouth BH2 5QJ.
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN