Come and join us at the Royal Veterinary College’s workplace teaching hospital in Bedford.
We operate a successful first opinion practice with students observing how the practice functions.
Due to the expansion of our nursing team, we are looking for registered veterinary nurses nurses to join our Royal Veterinary College teaching hospital in Bedford
The position is five days a week, each being an 8-hour shift between 7.30am and 8pm
No out of hours on call
Candidates will be self-motivated and be able to deliver and maintain a high standard of care, they will need excellent client communication skills, along with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Our positions offer the opportunity to be involved with all routine procedures including radiography, theatre work, laparoscopy, nurse consults, and nursing care to hospitalised inpatients.
Benefits pro rata
- Salary between £23,316 and £31,116 dependant on experience
- 39.5 hour working week
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing to 33 days after 3 years service
- 2 paid personal days to help with unexpected events
- Generous CPD budget including unlimited online CPD with the RVC
- Opportunities for certificates if desired
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- VDS cover
- Generous staff discount scheme for employee-owned pets
- Annual pay reviews
- Employee Assistance program
- Excellent in-house training and support
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registration fees paid for by the practice
For more information or to apply please call or email your cv to
Kerry Skinner, Head Nurse
- Practice Newsletter
- Read the latest information, offers and advice by reading our practice newsletter.
Acorn House Veterinary Surgery
Linnet Way, Brickhill, Bedford, MK41 7HN